Gadwal Sarees: Weaves of Wonder and Traditional Elegance
Gadwal sarees hail from the weaving villages of Gadwal in Telangana district. Locally known as “Kupadam Saree” owing to its interlocked weft technique “kupadam”, Gadwal sarees are basically cotton sarees with an attached silk border and pallu. They are also known for the durability of colours used in the yarns and the fact that it is so lightweight that it can be folded down to the size of a match box. The cotton Gadwal sarees have a border made from mulberry silk or tussar silk with a body traditionally in earthy colours quite contrary to the bright contrasting colours available now. It is easy to maintain, has a rich look and presents a good option during summers due to ease of wear & breathability.
Shop for Gadwal Pattu Sarees Online at Samyakk.com
Gadwal silk sarees are a blend of modern design concepts and Indian ethnicity. Pure Gadwal pattu sarees and pure cotton Gadwal sarees are produced widely to suit preferences of the modern Indian women. The Gadwal silk sarees from Samyakk are the most sought after traditional garment for festivals and ceremonies due to its contrasting colour stories and distinct yet subtle and well spaced motifs available in a wide range of colours. These Gadwal pattu sarees are handloom sarees woven from the finest silk yarns with a richly adorned silk border and pallu. So go through our collection of Gadwal silk sarees and find the one that best suits your style sensibilities.
Here are some of the features to spot in Gadwal Sarees:
- One of the most remarkable features of Gadwal silk sarees are the zari patterns in notable squares found on the fabric and the beautifully crafted Kuttu borders. “Kuttu”is the art of joining border and saree pallu after weaving.
- The borders of Gadwal pattu sarees are woven in a style called “Kumbam”. The saree is embellished in traditional zari motifs inspired by nature, paisley, peacock motifs and religious architecture. These embellishments can be made from copper, silver or gold zaris.
- The silk for Gadwal silk sarees is sourced from Bengaluru and the zari comes from Surat. An affordable variety of gadwal saree called Sico Gadwal is popular among women. It’s a blend of cotton & silk threads.
- A traditional Gadwal saree woven in white cotton and has a vibrant pallu and border is called “Kootu”.
- The latest Gadwal sarees have embellishments in zari as well as colourful threads woven into nature inspired motifs in the entire saree as opposed to the pallu alone. Most Gadwal pattu sarees have tassels made from the warp yarns of the fabric adding to its beauty.
Gadwal Sarees are preferred by women all over the country on account of its ease of wear & right blend of class and modern aesthetics. Browse through Samyakk’s online collection of Gadwal silk sarees and find the perfect saree that suits your budget and persona.